Grapefruit Essential Oil
We cold press Grapefruit essential oil from the peels of the fresh fruit for a citrusy oil with the bright aroma of a grapefruit orchard. It’s this sweet, invigorating scent that associates the essential oil with feelings of joy, satisfaction, and playfulness. Not only is Grapefruit a wonderful essential oil to diffuse, but it’s also a great addition to DIY skin care products. Combine it in a salt body scrub with other skin-toning essential oils—such as Lemon and Juniper—for a home spa experience that gives your skin a smooth-looking glow.
Features and Benefits:
FEATURES & BENEFITS
- Has a fresh, sweet, invigorating aroma
- Is uplifting and energizing
- Has skin-cleansing properties
- Is a great addition to DIY house cleaners
- Includes the key constituents sabinene, limonene, and nootkatone
From the bottle: Sweet, citrusy aroma
ALSO FOUND IN
- Cel-Lite Magic™ massage oil
- Citrus Fresh™ essential oil blend
- GLF™ essential oil blend
WORKS WELL WITH
- Slique® Essence essential oil blend
- Slique® Tea
- Balance Complete™
- Bath & Shower Gel Base
- V-6™ Vegetable Oil Complex
Citrus paradisi† (Grapefruit) oil
†100% pure, therapeutic-grade essential oil
- Bring an invigorating aroma into your home by diffusing Grapefruit in the morning.
- Create a refreshing room spritzer by mixing Grapefruit, Peppermint, Orange, Lemon, Bergamot, and distilled water in a glass spray bottle.
- Combine a few drops with a carrier oil such as V-6™ Vegetable Oil Complex and use it for an uplifting massage.
- Use it as part of your skin care regimen in lotions, toners, and cleansers for clean, healthy-looking skin. Keep in mind that Grapefruit is a photosensitive oil. Avoid direct sunlight or UV rays for up to 12 hours after topical application.
WHERE TO DIFFUSE
- Freshen up the kitchen after cooking or cleaning with Grapefruit’s bright, uplifting aroma.
- Invite the effervescent aroma into the living room to add a sunny note to a party or family time.
Grapefruit has a fresh, invigorating aroma that encourages feelings of joy, satisfaction, and playfulness. Instantly brighten our kitchen, living room, or office by diffusing its citrus scent or apply it topically for smoother-looking skin.
Topical: Dilute 1 drop with 1 drop of V-6™ Vegetable Oil Complex or olive oil and apply to desired area as needed.
Aromatic: Diffuse up to 1 hour 3 times daily.
CAUTIONS: Keep out of reach of children. If you are pregnant, nursing, taking medication, or have a medical condition, consult a health professional prior to use. Avoid direct sunlight or UV rays for up to 12 hours after applying this product.
A hybrid of the pomelo (Citrus maxima) and the sweet orange (Citrus sinensis), grapefruit is more than just a part of your breakfast! The fruit likely originated from Jamaica and was first popularized for consumption in the West Indies before spreading to America and throughout citrus-growing areas. It’s now produced in locations throughout the world, including the United States, South Africa, Brazil, and Israel. The grapefruit tree can grow to be quite large, reaching up to 20 feet tall. It has dense foliage, and the grape-like clusters of the fruit are the source of the plant’s name.
SCIENTIFIC NAME: Citrus paradisi
BOTANICAL FAMILY: Rutaceae
ADDITIONAL NAMES: When it was discovered, grapefruit was called the “forbidden fruit.”
REGIONS FOUND: South Africa, California, Mexico
PLANT PART USED: Rind
EXTRACTION METHOD: Cold pressed
YL REGION: Most Young Living Grapefruit essential oil comes from Mexico and South Africa.
Grapefruit essential oil joined the Young Living family in 1994.